Miss Meraleen, I Presume?

My Blog About Peace Corps Service in Niger

Disclaimer: The views and opinions reflected throughout this site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Site location

Sagafonda, Bitinkodji. That’s where I’m going. Totally not where I originally wanted to be but I am certain that I’ll come to love it over time. It is only 25 kilometres from Niamey which means accessing internet and hosting visitors will be quite easy. I was a little worried at first thinking that I wasn’t going to get “the real” Peace Corps Experience being so close to the capital. I didn’t have to worry. The mayors office in Sagafondo does not have electricity and neither does my house. There is cellphone reception but that’s pretty much it. Sending text messages will therefore be the fastest way to get a hold of me. Sagafonda is the name of the village. It has a population of 5000 and is the largest of 17 villages in the Commune of Bitinkodji that has a total population of 23 000. This is just about all I know at this point. My house has two rooms and is really close to the mayor’s office. Beginning August 24 we will go on a week long site visit and at that point I’ll be able to say more.




Me and My Mayor: Abdou Boreima

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home